S. Scott Walker
S. Scott Walker
S. Scott Walker is the managing partner of Folds, Walker & Maltby, LLC. His main area of practice is civil litigation with a focus on family law, commercial litigation, and land use litigation. Scott is also a Certified Family Mediator.
For over 35 years, Gainesville family law attorney, S. Scott Walker has represented clients through complex proceedings, including high asset dissolution of marriage cases and dissolution of business relationships. For complex matters, he works closely with skilled and experienced forensic accountants, appraisers, vocational evaluators, psychologists and other professionals in order to help our clients achieve desired results.
Scott also has extensive experience in government law. He serves as the City Attorney for the City of Newberry (since 1986), City of High Springs (since 2012), City of Archer (since 2013) and Town of Micanopy (since 2017); and, was formerly the Town Counsel for the Town of McIntosh (1994-2006). Scott became familiar with the needs of the City by working under the direction of the City's prior attorney, his longtime mentor and partner, Allison E. Folds, Esq. In addition, Scott also has experience in personal injury and medical malpractice cases, including actions arising under the Federal Torts Claim Act.
Scott is active in the local legal community, where he has served on the Board of Directors for the Eighth Judicial Circuit Bar Association. From 1993-1996, he served as the Representative of the Eighth Judicial Circuit on the Young Lawyers Division Board of Governors. Scott enjoys being a frequent panelist for the annual Eighth Judicial Circuit Professionalism Seminar for Family Law and Government Law. Most recently, he served as Vice Chair on the Eighth Judicial Circuit Judicial Nominating Commission.
Scott was born on July 11, 1958 in Manhattan, Kansas and was raised in Poplar Grove, Illinois and Deland, Florida. In 1979, he completed a 5,000-mile cross country bicycle tour across the United States, just prior to entering law school. Scott is married to L. Alison Walker and has seven children.
- University of Florida College of Law, Gainesville, Florida
- J.D. - 1983
- University of Florida
- B.A. - 1980
- Honors: With Honors
- Major: History
Classes & Seminars
- Panelist for the annual Eighth Judicial Circuit Professionalism Seminar for Family Law and Government Law
- Quarterback Club
- Eighth Judicial Circuit Bar Association
- Executive Committee, First District Appellate Inn of Court
- Florida Municipal Attorneys Association
- American Association for Justice (formerly Association of Trial Lawyers of America)
- Florida Justice Association (formerly Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers)
- Gainesville Masonic Lodge 41
- American Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- American College of Barristers
Certified Legal Specialties
- Certified Family Mediator
Current Employment Position
- Managing Partner
- Family Law
- Government and Administrative Law
- Commercial Litigation
- Personal Injury and Wrongful Death
- Probate, Estate and Trust Administration and Litigation
- Real Property and Land Use
- Federal Torts Claim Act
- Florida, 1984
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit, 1987
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida, 1987
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Florida, 1987
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2003